March 30, 2008

The 31st of March, 4 weeks...



Picture: Dairy Flat Hills from the Joy's Deck
So it is Monday here and Sunday by you guys. I hope that Avry's Christening went well today. Leo and I send the best wishes. Nothing really exciting going on today. Just doing some things around the house. I did the laundry today, and cleaned some dishes. Cleaned up our room which was getting a little messy. Just waiting for Leo, we are going down to her brothers place (Nat) to pick up a mountain bike. So we can have it around to ride. Other than that Monday has been real boring.
Yesterday was Sunday. Went to NZ National Track Champs, got to see Nick Willis win the 1500 meters with ease. Nick Willis is a World Class Runner that happens to be white. So he is someone that is of great influence on younger athletes in New Zealand.
After track champs we went out to this Genghis Khan restaurant. It is Mongolian food, where they have a food bar of raw food. you select what you want and then they stir fry it in front of you. For instance last night i had Lamb with shredded carrots, cabbage, celery, pineapple, noodles and a Mongolian BBQ sauce. It was delicious. They also a had a food bar of prepared foods, soups and salads that you can eat. Then every ones favorite dessert. it was a small dessert bar but it was a good one. They can make you up a pancake where you can put ice cream on and then add your on toppings. I had a Pancake with Cookie and Cream Ice Cream, Carmel and Peanut Butter Sauce and nut toppings.
That was the end of our Sunday.
On Saturday we went to the shops to pick up a few things that were needed and then we went to Nat's field hockey game.It was the first time I have every watched a field hockey game. It was good fun, they lost but they were playing a the best team in the League and a team that has several of the NZ National Hockey Team on it. It was a hard fought game. It was difficult to follow the rules and why things happened the way they did. I will learn and slowly pick it up.
After the Hockey game, we went home and cooked up dinner. That's not the exciting part. The exciting part is for dessert we made smoothies. I know big deal, but these smoothies were made with the Magic Bullet! I know you have all seen the infomercial and are ubber jealous of me. For the record the Magic Bullet is as fun as it looks in the infomercial. For that I attached a photo.

Some of you have emailed me some questions and I will take this time to answer those questions. If anyone has any questions feel free to comment the question or send it to me via the NZ Blog email that I send out.

Question: Is this job full time?

Answer: Yes the postie position will be a full time job. However it is six days a week from 7am to 230 pm. Also if you happened to finish your route early you are free to go home and get paid for the rest of the day. So if you finish at 100pm you can go home and get paid the last hour and thirty minutes. It also means that if you work past 230pm that you will be paid overtime.

Question: What is Leo doing that you are without her during the day?

Answer: Leo is at work. She is working in a factory, helping put together orders to ship out to the retailers.

I hope that helped some of you who had questions. I got a boring week ahead with a big interview on Wednesday. Wish me luck I will be back on to let you know how it goes. Best Wishes Mike

No comments: