March 28, 2008

Chillaxin' Saturday

Photo: Sky Tower from the Motorway

Hey everyone, this week has been a week of no excitement. I last wrote to you about the Easter Weekend. Tuesday was my first day without Leo and I told you all about that. On wednesday I was looking for jobs. I applied for another Post Office job. this one is located in Albany, which is real close to where i am staying. about an hour after I applied online, i got a phone call from the Auckland Region headquaters. they wanted a phone interview. I did that, then they asked me if i could go down on thursday to headquarters for a two hour assessment. Well i figured that was a good sign that they were calling so quickly.

Thursday i went to the assessment. What an experience, we first had to take a four minute adress test. They gave you two address and you had to tell them wether they were the same or different. In four minutes i got 30 done and all 30 were right. the next assessment was speed sorting. they gave you 2 minutes to put as many letters in order. the letter were labled a,b,c,d,e,f, in the two minutes i got 77 letters out of hundred sorted. they were pleased with that mark, but i need to get up to 85. and then the Bike test. the mailmen (aka Posties) deliver mail via a bicycle. so i had to have a bicycle test. which include turns, stoping, delivering, and a few other skills. i scored a 25 out of 25 on that portion. after all that they told us that they would contact us on monday or tuesday if we get a face to face interview with a supervisor.

On Friday I received a call seeing if i want to come in for a face to face interview on wednesday with the Supervisor at the branch in Albany. I take this as another good sign. Also on friday i did some work around the house with Mr. Joy. we were leveling off a piece of land to put a firewood shed on. I was incharge of working the heavy machinery. I was using a motorized digger that ate away at the dirt. Which was like clay and extremely hard. Mr. Joy worked the rake leveling off the ground. this project took us a good chunk of the day. but we got it done(Now today I am sore all over and have sunburn on my shoulders.)

Today is Saturday, i dont have to fight for myself today, Leo is around give ideas on what to do. We are going to the shops for a few things, then we are going to watch a field hockey game at 3. Sunday is a big day, Leo has National Champs. which will be fun. That is all i have for you today nothing too exciting i am sorry, but maybe in the next few days something will happen that i will write all about.

Hope all is well- Mike

No comments: