January 01, 2013

Happy New Year


Last I left off was with the drenching of the sheep, well that has gone well. Here are some pics of the sheep.


Other then that nothing really exciting has been going on. Well that is not exactly true. We have been doing some work around the farm, running and eating ... a lot! We have gone to 2 very distinct restaurants that have been outstanding. 

The first was for an early dinner the other day. We call it Yum Cha and it is a Chinese food restaurant. The way that it works here is that the wait staff walks around with trays and carts of food and you choose from their selection of food. If there wasn't anything you liked you waited till the next tray came around. There was tons to choose from, even chicken feet (not to my choosing). I left completely stuffed and busting at the seams.

Chicken Feet

For New Year's Eve dinner Uncle Philip and Aunt Robyn treated us to Valentine's. This was an all you can eat buffet. They had a ton to choose from but they specialized in their seafood. I don't know if it was because I was so hungry or not but the food was delicious. I especially saved up some space in my tummy for this meal, just to make sure that Phil and Robyn were getting their money's worth out of me.

Earlier in the day, the men started building a new fence and gate on the property to help control the sheep a little better. It started with a big gate that seemed to lead to no where, hence its name for a short time "the gate to nowhere". After 2 days of hard work the fence and gate are complete and the sheep are ready to graze a new plot of land.

The Gate to Nowhere 

Adam and I with the Gate

The fence that leads down the hill to the gate.

Man I seem to be jumping around a little. In my mind we haven't done a ton of stuff but when I go to type this out it is so much more and takes a little longer then anticipated. So I am sorry in advance for confusion or jumble mess.  Back to the dinner that we had on New Year's Eve.

After the dinner we basically chilled out on the farm. The sun set and we awaited the arrival of the New Year, 2013! We knew that fireworks would be going off in the distance so we waited patiently for those to go at the strike of midnight. Here are some shots of the moon and the fireworks from the Auckland Skytower. (Not the greatest, you could probably YouTube Skytower fireworks)

Shot of the Moon, using over exposure method by Leo

Fireworks from the Skytower, using over exposure method by Mike (Sorry its so blurred)

Well I hope that 2013 greeted you very well. Leo and I want to wish you a Happy and Healthy 2013! Here is a video up close of the fireworks.

No comments: