September 18, 2008

Email

Alright so I got a request from a buddy asking me to send him some of things that are hott in entertainment at the moment in an email. I thought after writing the email that it would be good to share the email with you all. So here is what I sent to him.
Dearest Big Sexy,

Here is a list of NZ Shit that is just so hott right now it burns when you hear and see it!

Opshop-is a NZ rock band formed in 2k2. The Album Secondhand Planet has gone double platinum and also the album and One Day are #1 on Itunes
One Day Music Video
Maybe Music Video
Big Energy Little Spaces Music Video

This band is totally kick ass, I went to there concert a few months back and they blew the doors off the venue. It was the best concert that I have been to. They also had another Kiwi artist open up for them. Luke Thompson he is pretty good. I think that you will really like these two. That is my personal opinion.
Luke Thompson Music Video

Another bad ass Kiwi Music group is Shihad- who is an alternative rock band with elements of industrial rock from Wellington NZ. Formed in 1988 by vocalist Jon Toogood and drummer Tom Larkin, who were still in school at the time. They have been around for ages and got good stuff from then and now. here is some of there lastest stuff.
One Will Hear The Other Music Video
Vampires Music Video
Beautiful Machine Music Video
I hear there stuff all over the radio. It is all so bad ass, totally rocks!

The Feelers is a New Zealand band formed in the early 1990s in Christchurch NZ. Now I am not going to lie, I havent heard much of their new stuff but they got some good stuff. here is their song "Venus" that became popular because ppl would replace the word "Venus wit "Penis" it kind of works and made the song take off!
Venus Music Video
They have other songs that are good but cant really remember the names so I will just leave you with that funny bit of info.

Then there is Elemeno P is a New Zealand based band. Their sound is guitar driven rock. With strong backing vocals from the other band members. They have had crazy hits with there songs being played in several telecom tv ads. telecom is a phone company down here. Here is some of there awesome music.
Baby Come On Music Video
Baby Come On Telecom Commercial
Nirvana Their First Ever Music Video
Verona Music Video

So you would think Mike what else could you possibly have me look at. Well that was the Music that I thought you might like. There is also other music that I am not sure is on in the states but gets a lot of air time down here. So I will share some of those with you. Will you like them? I have No Freaking clue! BTW you are only getting the link and a brief describtion no big hoopla about them...Sorry

Nesian Mystic- They are mostly a kiwi hip hop group that has some rapping and r&b singing. The song is real catchy and they sing about real kiwi things. Like greenstone necklaces etc etc Nesian 101 Music Video

I know how you like your hip hop so I will give you a video from the hottest NZ rapper Scribe Not Many . I think it is funny but thats just me you might like it. You could look up other stuff from him. Youtube is a great place!

We also get a big influence from Aussie so I have some of there stuff that I will share with you.

White Noise - The Living End

Well maybe the influence is not as big as I first thought. You are probably wondering when the hell is this email going to end. Well not anytime soon! I also have the Europen and American influences to go through. Now some of this stuff I dont know if it is on the radio in the States. Last I checked with my sisters none of it was.

Lady Gaga - Remix Just Dance
Lady Hawke - Paris is Burning
Metro Station - Shake It

Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire

I really like that Kings of Leon song. So much so that I bought if off iTunes! Well Thats it for music. I mean they also play heaps of Pink and Miley Cyrus but who the hell likes that shit anyways...Not Me wink wink

On the tube we only get four basic channels and they just recycle pretty much everything from the States.

CSI New York
CSI Miami
Law and Order SVU
Law and Order Criminal Intent
Law and Order
Family Guy
Simpsons
Power of 10
Two and a Half Men
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Top Chef
The Office
King of the Hill'
South Park ....

The list goes on and on and on. The second season of Flavor of Love is starting next week. Now that is classy Television! Entertainment for the Whole Family. Kind of Like my blog!

Also if you were curious The All Blacks are probably the Hottest of all the Hott shit down here! They just won the tri nations which is between Australia and South Africa. That was a big deal because South Africa is defending World Champs. Here is a video of some of the sick shit they do.

The Haka - Performed by the All Blacks
All Blacks Sick Moves


What else could i add? Hmmm... right Now i think that this will keep you busy for a while! Hope that you enjoy! Let Me know what you think... Later

Kind Regards
Hurricane Petrina

PS Stay Big!



So that was the email I sent I hope that you all took time out to check out some of the stuff that I posted. Enjoy Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments: