June 22, 2008

Eagle vs. Shark

"New Zealand's Napolean Dynomite"- HurricaneOne

If you like awkward comedy then you will love Eagle vs. Shark! Combining awkward moments with akward quotes you have yourself an awkward comedy. Keeping you on the edge of the seat waiting for the next bit of awkwardness. From quotes "Want to kiss?...on the lips?" to "Foolish Sucka..." you will be dying to hear whats going to be said next.

Now I dont want to ruin the movie for the reader, incase they are anxious to see it. The movie written and directed by Taika Cohen, and stars Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords) and Loren Horsely (The Strip). It is the type of movie that you only appreciate it after reflecting about it for several hours.

After viewing this movie I thought it was rubbish, trash, garbage so on and so on. However now that I have slept on it, the movie reminds me of that awkward American movie Napolean Dynomite. The plot that has no point, the story that leads you no where, the classic case of awkwardness. Now there are some other awkward comedies out there, Running with Scissors and The Royal Tenenbaums, that after reflecting for weeks and months I did not understand and do not appreciate. Eagle vs. Shark for me falls into the Napolean Dynamite catergory, the movies that are more fun quoting and talking about then actually watching.

"So Napolean what are you going to do today?" "Whatever I feel like, GOSH!!!"

"Dont be jealous that I have been chatting with babes online all day!"

The list goes on and on from Napolean as does it for Eagle vs. Shark...

Phone Ringing "Hey Biotch" "Who dis?" "O sorry is Eric there?" "No he comes home tonight we going to the airport with the minivan, you want to come?" "No" "Can I take a message?" "Yes Sure tell him Justice is waiting for him!" Sure thing Justin!" "No Not Justin...Phone Hangup...Justicccce"

So if I was you I would recommend viewing the movie if you havent. You will be overwhelmed with awkwardness that you cant help but laugh. It is a light hearted movie full of retardeness and what have yous. Watch, Sleep on it and let me know what you think!

No comments: