April 20, 2008

Training Log

I know some of you out there are interested in how my running is going. Well rather than just tell you I will show you by post my running log here. I will post them in two week blocks for you. Each week I will highlight one of my runs and tell you all about it. I will also have a map for you to check out. I hope that will be good enough for you guys to tide you over.

For a quick overview my training has been going pretty well over the last two weeks. I have done three workouts and averaged 73 miles a week. I have a Half Marathon coming up on the 18th of May It is called the Huntly Half Marathon and 10k. Last year the winner was 1:10:12 and then spaced out from there. It should be a tough race. Leo is also racing that day in the 10k. I have elite entry into the race, I emailed the race director and he was glad to give me elite entry. Leo has elite entry into the 10k. So that is the focus of my training, I am looking at some other races to keep my focus and keep the training rolling.

Without further ado, My Rlog (Running Log).

Monday April 7th: Real easy 8 miles
Tuesday April 8th: 10 miles in the Okura trails, feeling good.
Wednesday April 9th: Am 5 miles from the Joys Hilly, Pm 5 from the Joys Hilly, Felt good.
Thursday April 10th: 8 miles and 5 x strides
Friday April 11th: Am 3 miles from the Joys Hilly, PM WO 5.25 mile tempo 5x Orewa Loop 29:07 (5:32 pace) Felt really good, ran smooth controlled and relaxed.
Saturday April 12th: 8 miles real easy legs a bit heavy felt better at the end of run.
Sunday April 13th: 14 miles Okura Trails and some road, felt better and felt better as run went on.
Total Miles: 72

Monday April 14th: 8 miles 4x strides, feeling good recovered from workout.
Tuesday April 15th: Farlek WO 10x1min w/2min rest. Long Bay Hilly Grass trek and some beach. Felt strong on the efforts and kept an honest pace in the 2 min rest period.
Wednesday April 16th: 10 miles sore and heavy at start felt better as run went on.
Thursday April 17th: 8 miles from the Joys Hilly, no chance to do strides. Took all hills real easy. feeling better.
Friday April 18th: WO 3x 2 Orewa Loop(2.1 miles) w/ 4min jog. 11:09, 11:08, 11:00 for 2 miles they equate to 10:36, 10:36, 10:28. Felt it in the last one but pushed trough it. Ran smooth comfortable and relaxed. Felt really good.
Saturday April 19th: 8 miles feeling really sore but worked its way out towards the end of run.
Sunday April 20th: 16 miles at Shakespeare Park, Hilly as a MoFo. Felt tight at start, smooth in middle and felt like asshole in the end.
Total Miles: 74 miles (All singles)

As you see the Orewa Loop is in Bold and Italics, that is because I will explain my bread and butter workout loop.

The Loop Starts at the Main Entrance to Victor Eaves Parkon Hatton Road, it heads slight uphill, then you get the same slight down hill. This takes you to your first right where you turn onto Centreway Drive. This is a long flat straight away with no sidewalks. Then you turn right onto Florence Ave. where you have a slight downhill on the whindy road. Right before you make your last right onto Hatton Road you start a slight uphill that you finish with. The Orewa Workout Loop is 1.05 miles of pure amazingness. It offers many different types of scenery and terrain to run on. I would say that this loop would rank among of the sweetest mile repeat loops in the world!

I hope that everyone's running is going smoothly and I look forward to seeing some sweet results from all.

No comments: